Andrea Ponti State Industrial Technical Institute started its activities in piazza Giovane Italia, Gallarate, on 1 October 1959, offering its students a high specialization in textile industry systems.
In 1971, the school moved to via Stelvio.
The building in via Stelvio has always hosted IPSIA institute mechanical and thermal/fluids system specialization areas.
The school has 16 labs, a library, a great hall, 2 gymnasiums and an outdoor facility.
The school is located in via Stelvio, nearby Carabinieri barracks and is conveniently served by city buses to local train station (C - E bus lines).